The lighthouse at Formentor, Mallorca

The background shows sidewalk tiles - "rajoles" - that pave the sidewalks throughout Barcelona. They were designed by architect Puig i Cadafalch for the entryway of a home. Since 1915, they have been used by the city to pave sidewalks, and have become emblematic of the city. One of the city's most famous chocolatiers, Enric Rovira, produces chocolate bars in the shape and design of these tiles.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Zone Conferences - Elche and Valencia

Zone Conferences for the Elche and Valencia stakes were held last week. We usually meet in Murcia for the Elche Zone Conference, as it is more central for the missionaries. But is was a holiday in Murcia and the chapel was very much in use, so we met in the beautiful Elche Stake Center.

The Elche Zone
Following the Elche Conference, we took the bus to Valencia - a new mode of inter-city travel for Pte. and Hna. Hinckley, but not for the missionaries! It was an interesting trip, but enabled us to arrive in Valencia early enough in the evening to have some dinner and get the chapel set up for the Valencia Zone Conference.

 The Valencia Zone

 Hna. Hinckley teaching in Valencia

2 comments:

  1. I served in Valencia 15 years ago. It was my favorite area. I LOVE that city. When I was there, we had two wards - I am so happy to know that there is a stake there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new blog header. Also I want to hear more about you on the Spanish bus ... so funny. I love the picture of Mom teaching. I love you!

    ReplyDelete