The lighthouse at Formentor, Mallorca

The background shows sidewalk tiles - "rajoles" - that pave the sidewalks throughout Barcelona. They were designed by architect Puig i Cadafalch for the entryway of a home. Since 1915, they have been used by the city to pave sidewalks, and have become emblematic of the city. One of the city's most famous chocolatiers, Enric Rovira, produces chocolate bars in the shape and design of these tiles.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Focusing on Our Purpose

Preach My Gospel, page 40
From the weekly report of a missionary last week:
We were calling people to invite them to the baptism and just sort of going down the ward list. I called one man that had what appeared to be an African name. It was a woman from Paraguay. She did not want to give me her name, where she lived or any information about her. I told her that I was sorry to bother her and told her that my companion and I had just prayed to find someone who could be baptized this month. She went silent for about 30 seconds. I then asked for her name again. She said, "I´m Hilda." I said a couple phrases in Guaraní and she was just laughing. She said she would love to meet with the missionaries and we ended the call. She called back 10 minutes later saying that what I had said had touched her heart and wanted to know my name. I told her and then invited her to be baptized on the 21st of April. She said, “Yes, I think so, but this is all happening so fast!” I said to talk with the missionaries and they would help her get everything ironed out. She lives in another ward, so hopefully [the Elders there] can help her enter the waters of baptism this month. It makes me wonder how many opportunities like that I have missed just not focusing on my purpose. The great thing is that I´m getting better. 
 "Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed" (D&C 123:17).

1 comment: